Monday, July 21, 2008

An Introduction

I have recently started cooking for just myself. Being on a budget, I can't really go out to eat very much. I try to limit myself to getting food out just once a week. So then I'm left "fending for myself." Well, I don't do TV dinners. I am not a big fan of box dinners. I'm actually a very picky eater, so I find it's just easier to make whatever I know I will like.

Cooking for one is always an overused but viable excuse to not treat yourself to amazing food every night of the week. Why should you only eat well when eating when others? That's just not fair to yourself. While I'll sometimes eat Tyson chicken tenders or ramen, I try to cook fantastic dinners at least three times a week, leaving leftovers for the other days.

All the recipes and instructions on this site are my own. For some things I may peruse sites for helpful hints, but I keep the recipes true to my own tastes and styles. It's difficult to tell people how I cook, because I never use measuring devices when I do. So most of these instructions are guesstimates, as cooking great is not an exact science.

The pictures are also taken by me, either along the way or the final product. The posts without pictures are recipes I cooked before I ever thought to blog about it.

I hope you'll find this site useful as you treat yourself to quality food.

No comments: