Thursday, December 17, 2009

Orange Glazed Asparagus

I have no pictures for this one, sorry!

I had a friend over for dinner the other night, and in addition to a roasted chicken and mashed potatoes, I made roasted asparagus. To make it a little more fun, I decided to make a glaze out of orange juice and plum sauce. It was yummy.

Basically I used the juice from 2 oranges (and then a little from the carton), dripped in some plum sauce and set to medium heat in a saucepan, whisking fairly frequently. I used the oven at 350 degrees and about 10 asparagus stalks cut in half. First I drizzled them with oil, then I used a sauce brush to apply the, now reduced and sticky, glaze. I roasted them for about 20-30 minutes.

Even though there were only two of us eating, there was no asparagus left to be eaten by the end of the meal! Totally yummy.

No comments: